Based on the BrainWorks Sensory Diet Creator Tool, Gwen Wild (creator of the BrainWorks program) and Kim Wiggins (owner of OTKimWiggins LLC), developed Just Right! A Sensory Modulation Curriculum for K-5®.
This evidenced-based, 206-page curriculum includes:
- 16 lesson plans and specific activities to build your students’ self-awareness and help them understand their own sensory needs
- 28 full-color handouts located at the back of the book and available for FREE download on the OTKimWiggins website (using the passcode emailed with purchase)
- Each lesson plan includes:
- a list of materials, lesson preparation instructions, hands-on activities and/or movement activities, wrap-up, and carryover suggestions
- links to video demonstrations
- scripts for exactly what to say to make it easier to teach
- 6 types of modifications for distance learning, individual sessions, younger children, older children, large classrooms, and suggestions for implementation alongside emotional regulation programs
Gwen and Kim tried to think of everything to make YOUR LIFE EASIER when teaching this curriculum and make it FUN for kids to learn!
No longer will you have to struggle to think of new ways to teach your students about their sensory needs. By the end of the curriculum, they will have a toolbox of strategies customized for them!
This program can be taught by occupational therapists, speech therapists, physical therapists, teachers, social workers, psychologists, parents, or anyone willing to help their students become independent and successful in school.