The Art of Informal Assessment with SCHOODLES
**This webinar includes access to a downloadable version of the newly updated SCHOODLES School Fine Motor Assessment (fourth edition) valued at $85. PLEASE NOTE: This version is not included in the Summer CEU Extravaganza. Please see the webinar only version.**
For school-based occupational therapists, connecting assessment results, educational need, and intervention can be a challenge. This 2-hour webinar is appropriate for occupational therapists or those needing a brush-up on school-based assessment. Using SCHOODLES School Fine Motor Assessment, we focus on how to systematically conduct the essential non-standardized portion of an occupational therapy evaluation and gain applicable meaning from observations. Participants learn how to clearly identify, analyze, and describe fine motor areas of need related to school performance. We also review how to pull educationally appropriate goals from our findings.
- Define the term “educational need” as it refers to school-based Occupational Therapy and assessment.
- Understand the importance of including a thorough, systematic observation in addition to standardized tests in occupational therapy evaluations.
- List at least four supporting skills needed to produce functional fine motor outcomes in the classroom.
- List at least three observations that can be made during modified manual muscle testing.
- Understand the steps needed to connect classroom performance, assessment results, and educationally relevant goals.
Target Audience: beginner- to intermediate-level occupational therapists and others
Marie and Monica are co-collaborators on SCHOODLES School Fine Motor Assessment. They recently updated and expanded SCHOODLES and are proud to present the fourth edition here.
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Therapy Process: Evaluation.
<> Information on refunds and returns
<> Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
<> Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.