A Consultative Model for Supporting Executive Functions
Executive functions, those skills that allow us to plan, organize, problem-solve and focus attention and emotions, are fundamental to a child’s success in daily life. Many professionals find themselves with limited contact time to address such comprehensive and critical skills. This 2-hour webinar provides an overview of a consultative approach, including both how to coach and consult with parents, teachers, and caregivers, as well as essential elements of a consultative model.
Participants must have a solid understanding of the role of executive functioning skills. Prerequisites include prior education or training on executive functioning skills or Lori’s course titled Executive Functioning in Children and Teens. Click here to view.
- Identify executive functions and recognize how they impact daily life.
- Differentiate between consulting, coaching, and direct intervention models.
- Recognize questions that promote problem-solving thinking skills.
- Describe a variety of resources (books, apps, websites, etc.) to assist in consultation services.
- Determine when consultative vs. more intensive interventions are in a child’s best interest.
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, teachers, and other professionals working with students
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. With over 35 years of experience with students experiencing sensory, learning, behavioral and executive function challenges, Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.breakthroughlearningsolutions.com.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEUs or two contact hours under these Classification Codes: Category 1, Domain of OT: Activity Demands, and Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-592311. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.