Pediatric Core Strengthening in the Home or School Setting
Core strength is an important prerequisite for optimal fine motor function. But it can be challenging for therapists to know how to strengthen core muscles in a systematic way, especially when working remotely. This 2-hour webinar offers a structured approach to core strengthening for school-aged children receiving occupational therapy in the home or school environment, with a special focus on telehealth.
- Cite evidence justifying core strengthening in pediatric populations.
- Identify key components of postural stability.
- Delineate guidelines for exercise prescription, dosage, and progression.
- Identify at least five core strengthening exercises and progressions, including exercises for children with low or high muscle tone.
- List at least three ideas for integrating core strengthening into existing routines and activities of daily living.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, COTAs, and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Course Instructor: Jared Glick, DPT
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 00776. This distance-learning independent format is offered at 0.2 CEUs, Introductory Level, OT Delivery Service. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.