Strategies for Supporting Weak Working Memory
Working memory is a critical skill for academic and daily living success. The link between poor working memory and challenges such as ADHD, learning disorders, and Autism Spectrum Disorders has led many researchers to believe working memory is a stronger indicator of success than IQ. This highly practical, 1-hour webinar provides an explanation of working memory, its impacts on learning, and ready-to-use strategies for supporting and strengthening this essential skill. This course is included in the Executive Functioning Skills: Beyond the Basics Webinar Package.
- Define working memory.
- Identify the correlation between working memory abilities and academic and social learning.
- Critique current research related to working memory interventions.
- Identify immediate strategies to support the structure of organization.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, SLPs, parents, and other professionals working with children and teens with special needs
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-648268
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
||Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Approved Provider #8215. This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or 1 contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. She has over 35 years of experience with students who experience sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges. Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.loribensonadams.com. To view Lori’s courses, check out her product page.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.