COVID Slide: OT Strategies to Overcome Regression After COVID
This LIVE, interactive webinar includes the recording:
- Tuesday, October 12, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Eastern
- Check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- Registration ends Tuesday, October 12, 6:00 PM Eastern
- Flag your Zoom email to JOIN by 6:45 PM.
Are you looking for ways to CLOSE THE GAP for elementary students that need support because of COVID-19? COVID Slide is a term used to express the expected level of regression due to remote learning and students’ absences during the COVID pandemic. School professionals around the country foresee a significant regression in social-emotional and fine motor skills, sensory functioning, and so much more! Unfortunately, this will most likely drastically increase referrals to RtI, special education, and OT resulting in larger caseloads for all. This 2-hour webinar reviews how occupational therapy practitioners can embed strategies into the classroom that align with their districts’ Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) to help our children succeed and avoid regression.
- Define the term COVID Slide and recognize how it influences the occupational therapy needs of students.
- Recognize positive outcomes of pushing-in to a classroom as a Tier 1 intervention for sensory and fine motor strategies.
- List at least three sensory environmental modifications and whole classroom strategies.
- Identify at least three fine motor strategies that can be embedded into the classroom.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs and COTAs
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 851951. This distance-learning, interactive format is offered at 0.2 CEUs, Intermediate Level, OT Service Delivery. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.