Developing a Strategy to Reduce Burnout in Healthcare Professionals
This LIVE, interactive webinar includes the recording:
- Friday, March 12, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM Eastern
- Check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- Registration ends March 12, 10:00 AM Eastern
- Flag your Zoom email to JOIN by 10:45 AM
Job burnout has become a widespread phenomenon in the modern working world, particularly in service-based industries such as healthcare. Burnout is defined as a psychological syndrome that involves a prolonged response to chronic stressors on the job and is comprised of three main components: emotional exhaustion, cynicism, and decreased sense of accomplishment. This practical, evidence-based, 2-hour course equips staff therapists, employers, and managers to effectively manage burnout to improve work-life satisfaction, work performance, and patient safety and satisfaction. Through case studies and practical real-time exercises, you finish this course with the fundamental elements to enhance work well-being immediately!
- Define burnout syndrome and list three components that represent burnout.
- Summarize personal and professional factors that contribute to burnout.
- Recognize the Job-Demands Resource Model and its relation to burnout.
- Describe the seven personal strategies to mitigate burnout.
- List four job crafting strategies in the workplace that will promote individual and team well-being.
Target Audience: intermediate- to advanced- level OTs, COTAs, and other healthcare professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Course Instructor: Erika del Pozo, MOT, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 01971. This distance-learning independent format is offered at 0.2 CEUs, Intermediate Level, Professional Issues. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.