New Ideas and Techniques for Posture, Upper Extremity Stability, Pressure, Wrist Extension, and Grip!
This LIVE, interactive webinar includes the view-on-demand version:
- Wednesday, September 25, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM Eastern
- Check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- Registration ends September 25, 7:00 PM Eastern
- Can’t attend live? Purchase the view-on-demand version NOW! The video will be uploaded on September 26.
Academic expectations are increasing every year. Children are asked to write even in preschool! Unfortunately, their bodies sometimes need to catch up with these expectations. There are many children that have poor handwriting because they have an issue with body positioning, hand dominance, grip, etc. It is important for teachers, parents, and professionals working with children to understand the developmental sequence that precedes writing! This 2-hour webinar includes simple and inexpensive adaptations and techniques that can be used in the classroom, home, or therapy as well as FREE resources.
- List strategies that can be used to support left-handed writers.
- Identify strategies to address hand tremors and shoulder stability.
- List approaches to develop and correct ineffective pencil grips.
- Recognize adaptations to promote good posture.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, physical therapists, teachers, and parents
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
This webinar is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 1, Domain of OT: Performance Skills.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.