Visual Perception and Its Impact on Learning: Strategies and resources
This LIVE, interactive webinar includes the recording:
- Monday, April 6, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Eastern
- Check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- Registration ends April 6, 9:00 AM Eastern
Did you know that 80% of all learning in a school setting is acquired through vision? There is a rise of focus and attention issues in the classroom that can be related to visual issues. Unfortunately if children are having difficulty using their eyes, they will often give up or work twice as hard as other children causing increased frustration and a lack of motivation. Children are often misdiagnosed with attention deficits without taking a good look at possible visual insufficiencies. This 2-hour webinar includes easy-to-understand explanations of the visual system, lots of FREE resources.
- Recognize the impact of vision on reading and writing.
- Differentiate Vision Therapy vs. Occupational Therapy.
- List options for visual screenings.
- Identify the primary components of the visual system.
- List strategies and exercises that can be done at home, therapy, or classroom.
Target Audience: beginning- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, teachers, and parents
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
The course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 1, Domain of OT: Performance Skills.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.