ARFID: The Anxious Eater
This course is FULL! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waitlist.
Rescheduled Date: Saturday, August 8, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
Inova Epic Training Center, 8111 Gatehouse Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042 Now Online
- Groups: For 5 or more participants, email email@example.com to receive a $25 discount coupon code.
- Note: All seminar proceeds benefit the Dr. Yum Project, https://doctoryum.org/.
Helping a child with Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) and anxiety-based feeding behaviors can feel overwhelming to parents and professionals. Learn specific techniques to help the anxious eater and the entire family! Understand the relationship between avoidance and anxiety and how to stop food anxiety for good. Treating a child for extreme picky eating requires expert and research-driven strategies that help the entire family get back to healthier, happier mealtimes.
- Describe nine strategies to reduce a child’s anxiety before, during, and after trying new foods.
- Describe five strategies to help parents follow through on the home program.
- Discuss four different types of anxiety disorders that may be associated with pediatric feeding disorders.
- Identify the three hallmarks of ARFID and how each is related to anxiety in children.
- Explain the role that avoidance plays in both anxiety disorders and pediatric feeding disorders.
- Discuss which professional treats anxiety disorders and which evidence-based practice has been found to be successful.
Target Audience: parents and family members, childcare professionals, speech-language pathologists and assistants, occupational therapists and assistants, registered dietitians and nutritionists, early interventionists and assistants, educators and assistants, and appropriate others in pediatric health professions or care
Course Instructor: Melanie Potock, MA, CCC-SLP
This course is approved for 0.4 AOTA CEU or four contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2: OT Process, Intervention.
This course is offered for 0.4 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area)
This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR LIVE, IN-PERSON TRAININGS
In the event that Sensational Brain LLC and/or the presenter, Melanie Potock, need to cancel training because of inclement weather or for any other reason, all registrations will be fully refunded within 10 business days.
Cancellation requests must be received by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (817-564-4564) at least 14 days prior to the start time of the seminar to receive a full refund. Cancellation requests received less than 14 days in advance will be processed within 10 days, minus a $25 processing fee.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.