2021 Summit: The Well-Rounded Therapist
Attend this LIVE, interactive seminar:
- Saturday, April 24, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Eastern
- Check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- Registration ends April 23, 5:00 PM Eastern
- NOTE: Your confirmation email sent immediately after payment includes instructions for admission to the seminar. Flag this email to JOIN by 9:45 AM Eastern.
This 7-hour webinar includes a variety of therapeutic topics with one goal in mind: to enhance therapeutic skills required for successful implementation of treatment strategies in the pediatric population to create a well-rounded therapist. From new grads to advanced therapists, this webinar rekindles your passion for pediatrics by offering new, creative treatment strategies to fuel your fire and help you think outside of the box! The 2021 Summit addresses treatment strategies from six seasoned professionals on the topics of executive functioning skills, vestibular processing, proprioceptive strategies for self-regulation, oral motor strategies for feeding intervention, telehealth strategies for k-5, and work refusal in the pediatric population. Two, 30-minute Q&A sessions are included for interaction with presenters. Jam-packed with tangible tips, tricks, and intervention strategies to improve your skills today, this Summit will be your go-to for novel treatment interventions!
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, COTAs, and other pediatric therapists
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L: The Magic of Vestibular Input
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Rachel Harrington, COTA/L, AC: Proprioceptive Strategies for Improving Self-Regulation in Children
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Becky Miksic, OTR/L, T-NLP, T-TET, CHt: Positioning and Oral Motor Skills: Set Children up for Successful Feeding Intervention
- 1:00 PM – 1:30: PM: LIVE Q&A for Session 1
- 1:30 PM– 2:30 PM: Break for Lunch
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Lori Benson Adams, MEd: 10 Strategies to Immediately Boost Executive Functioning Skills
- 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Aditi Mehra, DHSc, OTR/L: A Behavioral OT Approach: Step-by-Step Strategies to Address Work Refusal and Increase Participation in Pediatric Therapy
- 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L: Highly Engaging Telehealth Sessions for K-5 (Using Zoom)
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM: LIVE Q&A for Session 2
* Click presenter names for bios and course titles for descriptions and Learning Outcomes.
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 02240. This distance-learning interactive format is offered at 0.7 CEUs, Intermediate Level, OT Service Delivery. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.