ADHD: Intervention strategies for school-based OTs and SLPs
- Order the LIVE, interactive version today!
- Presented Wednesday, May 29, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern
- Check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- The recorded version is included and will be available in your account on May 30. Save your receipt for access instructions.
Are you a school-based OT or SLP seeking intervention strategies for ADHD? Over 9.5% of school-aged children receive a formal diagnosis of ADHD. Many more demonstrate undiagnosed characteristics. It is critical that professionals thoroughly understand the nature of the diagnosis and implications for intervention. This 90-minute webinar provides a thoughtful review of cutting-edge research and implications for intervention strategies. Lori also provides multiple intervention strategies that can be used immediately.
NOTE: Course content overlaps with Lori’s previous course titled “ADHD 101” discontinued May 30, 2019.
- Identify components of ADHD as a neurodevelopmental disorder and explain the neurological implications.
- Recognize ADHD as primarily a deficit in Executive Functioning skills.
- Identify the most current research being conducted on effective interventions to assist with attention, impulse control, and emotional regulation.
- Describe ADHD’s impact on motor skills, social skills, communication, and academics.
- List similarities and differences between ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of school-based interventions at various ages and stages of development
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, teachers, and other professionals working with children and teens
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is approved for 0.15 AOTA CEUs or 1.5 contact hours under this Classification Codes Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
This course is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area), available May 29, 2019.
<> Information on refunds and returns
<> Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
<> Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.