Micro-Credential: Childhood Trauma Consultant
What Is a Childhood Trauma Consultant?
- Childhood trauma is a complex and costly problem that can lead to a host of learning, social, emotional, behavioral, and physical health consequences for impacted individuals. Designed for pediatric professionals, this innovative, online training program features 11 evidence-based webinars that cover different aspects of childhood trauma to create a well-rounded understanding of childhood trauma, as well as provides an abundance of intervention tools and screening information for clients.
- Pediatric therapists and professionals are expected to understand complex trauma and provide interventions for clients with a variety of trauma backgrounds. Yet they are frequently unprepared to address the various types of trauma as well as the consequences of unresolved trauma and the effects that trauma has on daily life skills and academic performance.
- This unique, evidence-based, micro-credentialing program provides extensive training in the causes and consequences of trauma. It also provides many intervention strategies for clients with varying levels of trauma backgrounds.
- Each of the comprehensive training modules is approximately 120-180 minutes in length and can be completed at the participant’s own pace.
- After completing the required webinars, elective webinars, successful completion of each post-test and individualized, capstone project, participants will be awarded a certificate for the credential of Childhood Trauma Consultant (CTC) through Sensational Brain.
Webinars Included with This CTC Program
Complete and pass the post-tests of the following 8 required courses:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) (0.2)
- Toxic Stress: Causes, Consequences, and Interventions (0.2)
- Complex Trauma Among Pediatric Populations (0.2)
- Childhood Trauma and Executive Function Deficits (0.3)
- Childhood Trauma and Self-Regulation Deficits: Screening, Intervention, and Common Concerns and Complications (0.2)
- Childhood Trauma and Theory of Mind Deficits (0.3)
- Childhood Trauma and Sleep Disturbances (0.2)
- Trauma-Informed Treatment Interventions for Pediatric Therapists (0.2)
Complete a minimum of 1 of the following elective courses:
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (NDDs) and Adverse Life Experiences (0.3)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Adverse Childhood Experiences (0.3)
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Its Connection to Trauma (0.2)
Upon completion of this micro-credential program, attendees will have an advanced understanding of childhood trauma and an improved ability to more effectively work, communicate, and interact with clients and families impacted by these adverse experiences.
- Develop a working knowledge of childhood trauma and its various subtypes.
- Learn about the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) research.
- Identify possible causes and risk factors for childhood trauma.
- Discuss developmental and neurobiological consequences associated with childhood trauma.
- Review disorders and conditions that are commonly comorbid with childhood trauma.
- Articulate the wide-ranging deleterious impact of childhood trauma on an individual’s behavioral, learning, emotional, social, and physical health.
- Learn about the impact childhood trauma has on the entire family system.
- Explore the challenges that professionals face when working with clients and families impacted by childhood trauma.
- Review intervention and screening options for use with children impacted by childhood trauma.
- Learn about the impact childhood trauma has on children diagnosed with a neurodevelopmental disorder (e.g., ADHD, ASD, ID, and FASD).
- Examine relevant research findings.
This micro-credential benefits two key areas:
- Professional Credibility
- Expand professional credentials.
- Strengthen professional value to employers, coworkers, and collaborators.
- Elicit opportunities for career advancement.
- Enhance visibility in professional circles.
- Reassure referral sources of advanced training in the area of childhood trauma.
- Increased professional confidence.
- Demonstrate dedication to learning and improvement.
- Maintain and refresh your existing knowledge base.
- Expose participants to cutting-edge research findings.
- Improve client-focused skills in the areas of screening and intervention.
- Enhance preparedness to communicate with and help clients impacted by childhood trauma.
- Access reading recommendations for continued professional development in the area of childhood trauma.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Obtain up to 26 contact hours of continuing education while earning your micro-credential: 18 contact hours of required webinars, and 8 total contact hours of elective webinar options:
- Required webinars: offered for 0.18 AOTA CEUs or 18 contact hours
- Elective webinars: offered for 0.20–0.80 AOTA CEUs or 2–8 contact hours depending on course selection
- CEU certificates are immediately downloadable for each webinar. Your final CTC Credentialing Certificate will be emailed to you after completion of the three modules.
- Sensational Brain LLC is also an educational provider for CE Broker.
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.