Micro-Credential: Executive Functions Consultant
What Is an EFC?
Current research is increasingly pointing to Executive Functions as a key to success in learning and life. The development of these skills, including emotional control, impulse control, organization, and planning and time management have been shown to be a greater indicator of long-term academic and professional success than IQ, socioeconomic background or grades.
Children with poor Executive Functions often baffle us. Bright, usually very articulate, absent minded, and disorganized, these children often seem so capable, and yet do not meet the level of success we expect of them. We often mislabel these children as lazy, unmotivated, or poorly disciplined. This can seriously damage a child’s self-confidence, willingness to try. Most important, labeling fails to address the lack of key skills blocking success.
Educators and therapists are more frequently being called on to address these missing skills, yet often find themselves unprepared to quickly develop natural, targeted intervention plans.
This unique, cutting-edge, micro-credentialing program provides extensive training in understanding, assessing, and strengthening Executive Functions in children and teens. After meeting all requirements, you receive a certificate signifying status as an Executive Functions Consultant (EFC) through Sensational Brain.
- Develop the knowledge of executive functioning skills, including how to assess and write appropriate goals.
- Earn recognition in the workplace as a dependable and competent resource in this urgent area of need.
- Have opportunities to immediately place ideas into action through an individualized child support project.
- Deepen your desire to learn through hundreds of resources.
- Set yourself apart from other professionals by having a tangible benefit to your extra focused study.
- Develop practical skills to use in a school, therapy, or private practice settings.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
How Does It Work?
Become an Executive Functions Consultant by completing these three modules:
- Online Webinars: Participants independently view a series of webinars on a range of topics, delving into the area of developing executive skills in children and teens. With your purchase, you receive immediate access to 10 view-on-demand webinars: 6 core content, 3 electives (you choose only 1), and 1 exclusive webinar titled Coaching Students available only through this EFC micro-credential. Complete these webinars independently and delve into the area of developing executive skills in children and teens. For course titles and information on discounts available for previously completed webinars, download the Syllabus and Discount Application.
- Private Facebook Group: Actively participate in this group for questions, answers, and resource sharing.
- Child Support Project: For this project, you identify a child in need of support and immediately begin implementing the practices you are learning. This combination of online and real-life learning helps ensure that you truly understand the subject matter and can utilize strategies you learn.
Throughout the process, your proctor Lori Benson Adams, MEd, will support, encourage, and guide you! We’ll email your micro-credential certificate when you’re done.
Learning Assessment: Objective post-tests following each required webinar and satisfactory completion of a Child Support Project.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Obtain up to 17 contact hours of continuing education while earning your micro-credential:
- Required webinars: offered for 0.12 AOTA and ASHA CEUs or 12 hours
(CEU certificates immediately downloadable)
- Elective webinars: offered for 0.10–0.20 AOTA and ASHA CEUs or 1–2 hours depending on course selection
(CEU certificates immediately downloadable)
- Additional requirements: interaction with a private Facebook group as well as a Child Support Project offered for an estimated 0.30 AOTA and ASHA CEUs or 3 hours
(CEUs offered for additional requirements are an estimate only. Credit and CEU certificate for this section of the micro-credential program can only be awarded after 10 pilot study participants complete the program. The first 10 participants to complete the program will receive a refund of $25. )
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures. Please see specific CEU information under each individual webinar in addition to the information provided in the previous paragraph.
Please see specific CEU information under each individual webinar in addition to the information provided previously.
<> Information on refunds and returns
<> Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
<> Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.