Micro-Credential: Executive Functions Consultant
What Is an Executive Functions Consultant?
Current research is increasingly pointing to Executive Functions as a key to success in learning and life. The development of these skills, including emotional control, impulse control, organization, and planning and time management have been shown to be a greater indicator of long-term academic and professional success than IQ, socioeconomic background or grades.
Children with poor Executive Functions often baffle us. Bright, usually very articulate, absentminded, and disorganized, these children often seem so capable, and yet do not meet the level of success we expect of them. We often mislabel these children as lazy, unmotivated, or poorly disciplined. This can seriously damage a child’s self-confidence, willingness to try. Most important, labeling fails to address the lack of key skills blocking success.
Educators and therapists are more frequently being called on to address these missing skills, yet often find themselves unprepared to quickly develop natural, targeted intervention plans.
This unique, cutting-edge, micro-credentialing program provides extensive training in understanding, assessing, and strengthening Executive Functions in children and teens. After meeting all requirements, you receive a certificate signifying status as an Executive Functions Consultant (EFC) through Sensational Brain.
- Develop the knowledge of executive functioning skills, including how to assess and write appropriate goals.
- Earn recognition in the workplace as a dependable and competent resource in this urgent area of need.
- Have opportunities to immediately place ideas into action through an individualized child support project.
- Deepen your desire to learn through hundreds of resources.
- Set yourself apart from other professionals by having a tangible benefit to your extra focused study.
- Develop practical skills to use in a school, therapy, or private practice settings.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Learning Assessment: Objective post-tests following each required webinar and satisfactory completion of a Knowledge Application Project.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Obtain up to 17 contact hours of continuing education while earning your micro-credential:
- Required webinars: offered for 0.12 AOTA CEUs or 12 hours
- Elective webinars: offered for 0.10–0.20 AOTA CEUs or 1–2 hours depending on course selection
- CEU certificates are immediately downloadable for each webinar.
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.