A Consultative Model for Supporting Executive Functions at School and Home
Executive functions, those skills that allow us to plan, organize, problem-solve and focus attention and emotions, are fundamental to a child’s success in daily life. Many professionals find themselves with limited contact time to address such comprehensive and critical skills. This 1.5-hour webinar provides an overview of a consultative approach, including both how to coach and consult with parents, teachers, and caregivers, as well as essential elements of a consultative model. This course is included in the Executive Functioning Skills: The Basics Webinar Package.
Participants must have a solid understanding of the role of executive functioning skills. Prerequisites include prior education or training on executive functioning skills or Lori’s course titled Executive Functioning in Children and Teens.
- Identify executive functions and recognize how they impact daily life.
- Differentiate between consulting, coaching, and direct intervention models.
- Recognize questions that promote problem-solving thinking skills.
- Describe a variety of resources (books, apps, websites, etc.) to assist in consultation services.
- Determine when consultative vs. more intensive interventions are in a child’s best interest.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, teachers, and other professionals working with students
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-675206