Breakthrough Solutions for the Chronically Disorganized Student
Poor organizational skills are often a hallmark sign of weak Executive Function Skills, the skills that allow us to plan, prioritize, organize, and carry out our plans. Weak skills in these areas will greatly impact an individual’s ability to succeed in school and in independent living. This 1-hour, fast-paced, highly practical course provides easy-to-implement and immediately applicable strategies to help students make sense of their often chaotic worlds.
*Note: AOTA grandfathered Breakthrough Solutions for the Chronically Disorganized Student on September 1, 2020. This course is an updated version submitted to AOTA for review. Once approved, the PD activity ID number will be updated next to the AOTA banner under the CEU section.
- Define Executive Functions and list skills considered under the definition.
- State how weak organizational skills are often an indicator of greater challenges.
- Identify the essential elements of an organizational system.
- List three immediate strategies to support the structure of organization.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level occupational therapists, parents, and other professionals working with disorganized students
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-00000
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)