Coaching Tweens and Teens with EF Challenges
Many teens with EF challenges are academically capable but struggle profoundly because of difficulties with organization, task completion, and time management. This unique and powerful 2-hour course helps professionals learn strategies for student-led coaching success. Also included are activities, checklists, and tracking forms to get you started.
- Compare and contrast a coaching model to a more directive-based intervention model.
- Identify students who will most benefit from a coaching approach.
- Utilize self-assessment activities to help students improve metacognition and self-awareness.
- Develop student-directed goals and design ways for students to self-assess success.
- Identify ways to incorporate EF strategies into academic content to improve mastery.
- Recognize steps for teaching self-advocacy.
- Target Audience: intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, teachers, and other professionals working with tweens and teens
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-585551
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
||Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Approved Provider #8215. This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under these Classification Code: OT Process: Intervention. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. She has over 35 years of experience with students who experience sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges. Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.loribensonadams.com. To view Lori’s courses, check out her product page.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.