Dysgraphia: Foundations for assessment
Dysgraphia is a neurological condition that interferes with one’s ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in writing. More than sloppy handwriting, dysgraphia affects motor skills and the cognitive ability to organize and synthesize ideas. The wide-ranging prevalence rate of 5 to 33% of school-aged children indicates that this is often an area of great confusion, both in assessment and intervention. This powerful 1-hour course provides an overview of the origins and diagnosis processes for children and teens experiencing disorders of written expression.
- Define dysgraphia.
- Explain the basic neurology behind disorders of written expressions.
- Identify a variety of assessment tools and target instruments most appropriate for various students.
- Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, teachers, and other professionals
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-661104
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
||Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Approved Provider #8215. This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Evaluation. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. She has over 35 years of experience with students who experience sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges. Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.loribensonadams.com. To view Lori’s courses, check out her product page.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.