Fix Common Handwriting Issues 2X Faster Using Fluency and Simple Data Collection
Despite the boom in technology, handwriting is still one of the most powerful tools students use to communicate and demonstrate learning across subjects and grades. However, the art of handwriting is a complex skill, which may not come easy to all students, especially those diagnosed with developmental delay or dysgraphia. This 2-hour course addresses the myriad of underlying issues that can impact handwriting performance, from the basics of pencil grip, letter formation, and pace; to addressing the sensory-motor mechanics required for handwriting success. This course provides practitioners with worksheets for simple, step-by-step strategies to use the very next day. Save time while making 2X the progress by implementing fluency-based handwriting interventions and making data-based decisions!
- Identify the barriers associated with addressing handwriting performance in current OT practice.
- Describe the importance of using activity analysis and building fluency in interventions.
- Investigate the component skills necessary for handwriting and steps to determine fluency goals for optimal success.
- Identify a treatment plan for common handwriting issues using fluency as a preparatory activity.
- Apply the key principles of Precision Teaching and the Standard Celeration Chart as an evidence-based tool used for data collection in OT.
- List the steps and benefits of using a visual display chart to make evidence-based decisions in practice.
- Target Audience: intermediate-level OTs and COTAs
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- View Agenda
- Course Instructor: Aditi Mehra, DHSc, OTR/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-910855
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)