Mindfulness in the School Setting
A growing body of research reports simple mindfulness activities throughout the school day can significantly improve student performance and mental health. This 1-hour course offers school-based occupational therapists the evidence to support mindfulness practices, introduces them to simple and effective strategies and activities to begin practicing mindfulness immediately, and provides a wealth of resources for additional learning and goal development.
- Define mindfulness: What it is and why it matters.
- Recognize current research on mindfulness and children in relation to academic and social-emotional learning outcomes.
- Identify simple, ready-to-use mindfulness activities for yourself and your students.
- Delineate free to limited-cost research-based mindfulness programs.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, COTAs, and other school-based professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-706854