Neuro-Based Toolbox to Help Kids Manage Their Behavior and Emotions
Join Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, renowned self-regulation expert for this intensive 12-hour course to learn clinically proven neurological approaches to address self-regulation in children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), ADHD, ODD, OCD, anxiety, trauma, chronic stress, fetal drug exposure, and physical disabilities. Knowing underlying brain connections helps you better select and develop appropriate interventions for challenging behaviors, such as hyperactivity, aggression, frequent meltdowns, outbursts, extreme sensory sensitivities, self-stimulation, inattentiveness, and more.
You leave the webinar with over 100 brain-based strategies to implement immediately in your clinic or classroom! Attend and learn how to . . .
- Identify signs and symptoms of neurological differences such as neurotransmitter imbalance, hyperactivity in the insular cortex and amygdala, impaired sensory processing, and poor communication between different regions of the brain.
- Form newer and stronger neural connections in key brain areas to enhance social communication, learning, sensory processing, and response to trauma or stress.
- Immediately alter neurotransmitter levels to enhance focus, improve mood, and regulate emotions.
- Change brain waves to facilitate a calm and organized state.
- Facilitate development in certain brain structures responsible for processing sensory input, enhancing emotional awareness and regulation, and decreasing anxiety.
- Simplify home programs to empower parents and teachers to ensure carryover into the home and school settings.
- Apply the science behind meditation, mindfulness, Ayres Sensory Integration™, therapeutic listening programs, and “brain breaks.”
By using a bottom-up approach you can strategically select intervention strategies that strengthen the neurological foundation needed for higher skills to emerge in the children and adolescents you work with!
BONUS MATERIALS! Purchase and receiv:
- Readily available resources including screening and assessment tools, brain-based strategies, relevant research, and helpful forms; and
- Membership to BrainWorks Online for 1 full year ($45 value) to simplify the process of creating sensory diets at home or school! (not available as part of the Summer CEU Extravaganza)
- Identify the major neurological differences associated with common diagnoses to inform the choice of treatment interventions.
- Articulate the primary roles of at least five major neurotransmitters and their clinical implications.
- Select therapeutic strategies based on the desired neurological changes needed as indicated by behaviors and emotional affect to improve a child’s level of functioning.
- Differentiate assessment tools available to determine neurological functioning in children to improve treatment outcomes.
- Analyze the efficacy of current brain-based intervention strategies available for use in the school and home environments.
- Summarize the scientific research related to available programs and strategies to enhance academic learning, sensory processing, emotional regulation, social-communication, and response to trauma and stress.
- Implement an effective sensory program based on assessment results to immediately impact sensory processing and behavior.
- Develop appropriate programs for use in homes and schools to ensure carryover of recommended intervention techniques to improve a child’s level of functioning.
- Identify the role of mindfulness, yoga, meditation, proprioceptive and vestibular input, sensory rooms, exercise, music, and nutrients in impacting neurological change.
- Select cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques based on desired neurological changes needed to improve treatment outcomes.
- Determine activity and environmental adaptations and modifications to impact the central nervous system.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, PTs, mental health professionals, and others working with children and teens
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 00530. This distance-learning independent format is offered at 1.2 CEUs, introductory level, OT delivery service category. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.