Push-in to the Classroom! The Why and How for Related Service Providers
Push-in to the classroom is an evidence-based and effective treatment strategy for OTs, PTs, and SLPs. Because of multiple barriers, therapists are often more comfortable providing pull-out therapy sessions. In this 2-hour course, the speaker includes a research review, push-in and distance-learning strategies, and a discussion of the benefits of carryover and collaboration strategies.
Recommended: Please see Caseload Management for Effective Push-ins and Collaboration! for additional strategies that complement this course.
- Explain the benefits of providing OT/PT/SLP in a least-restrictive and natural environment.
- Plan at least one effective push-in session by incorporating a push-in model and tips provided in the course.
- Label a push-in model to plan effective sessions.
- Explain evidence-based strategies for providing effective carryover.
- Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level, school-based OTs, PTs, and SLPs
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- View Agenda
- Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-789012
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
||Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD activity ID# 00617. This distance-learning, independent format is offered at 0.2 CEUs, Intermediate Level, OT Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The Size Matters Handwriting Program, The Listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener. To view Kim’s courses, check out her product page.
- Financial: Kim Wiggins receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of OTKimWiggins LLC. Kim is an affiliate for these companies and receives a percentage of profits from her referrals for these webinars:
- Double Time Docs (https://www.doubletimedocs.com): A Collaboration Sensation and Get It Done! OT documentation
- Move Thrive Play (https://www.moveplaythrive.com): Primitive Reflexes
- SpedNotes (a free program until August 2020, https://www.spednote.com/): Get It Done! OT documentation and Writing IEP Goals
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.