The Race Against Racism: Strategies to Combat Racism, Address Microaggressions, and Promote Healing in the Therapeutic Setting
As the U.S. population becomes increasingly multicultural and telehealth extends services into remote areas, there is an urgent need for therapists to become adept at the delivery of culturally appropriate care. In this 2-hour course, the presenter offers insight for therapists not only to self-reflect on their own biases but also explores evidence-based strategies to overcome everyday barriers promoted by acts of racial microaggression. This course is included with the Ethical Foundations Webinar Package.
- Identify distinctions between the following key terms: cultural competency, cultural humility, racial microaggressions, and ethnocentrism.
- Name the differences among the three types of microaggressions.
- List an example of each type of microaggression and its impact on therapeutic practice.
- Identify challenges and strategies to combat racial microaggression and its application to delivering culturally competent care.
- Target Audience: intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, PTs, and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- View Agenda
- Course Instructor: Aditi Mehra, DHSc, OTR/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-786690