Sensory AND Behavior: A Comprehensive Approach to Addressing Challenging Behaviors (6-hour advanced-level course)
Prerequisites for this advanced class include either Gwen’s full-day course (live or view-on-demand) titled Developing and Implementing Effective Sensory Diets or her webinar titled Effective Sensory Diets. Alternatively, professionals who have reached a comfort level with sensory processing disorders and the use of sensory strategies in multiple settings are welcome to participate as well.
Gwen guides you through the neurochemicals involved in sensory modulation; the correlation between related disorders such as Bipolar, anxiety, ADHD, and Autism; and introduces you to a whole-brain approach to addressing difficult behaviors (such as self-injurious behaviors, aggression, meltdowns, toilet training, picky eating, and masturbation) from a sensory perspective. This innovative, 6-hour, webinar leaves you with handy forms, intervention tools, and the knowledge you need to differentiate behavioral issues from sensory ones.
This course includes instructions to receive one of the following. These options are NOT included with the Summer CEU Extravaganza:
- BrainWorks Online single-user membership: free for 1 full year ($45 value),
- Single Family/Single Classroom BrainWorks kit: free for current BrainWorks Online members ($39.95 value, excludes shipping). or
- $30 cart coupon code: for non-USA participants (applies to any of Gwen’s courses)
After purchase, scroll to the very bottom of the webpage with video, survey, and post-test links for instructions on requesting FREE materials.
This recording of a previously live, 6-hour course allows you to watch from the comfort of your home or office. Your purchase includes access for one full year. Our recordings are unlisted YouTube videos, so you may stop and start this course as needed.
Please note: The recording does not include the webcam of the speaker from the live presentation. Although not essential to the presentation, visual learners may prefer the live version of this course. Please check our live course section to see if the course is being offered soon.
- Understand the roles of neurochemicals in sensory processing and related diagnoses.
- Utilize a method of behavior analysis to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Develop a whole-brain approach to the management of difficult behaviors.
- Recognize current cognitive and behavioral approaches and understand how to integrate these with a sensory frame of reference.
- Create BrainWorks visual sensory diet tools to support children and teens in their daily environments.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address the most challenging behaviors.
- Target Audience: advanced-level occupational therapists or teachers completing the prerequisites or those who have already reached a comfort level in the use of sensory strategies to assist with sensory modulation
- Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-564383