A Sensory Fitness Approach to Evidenced-Based Sensorimotor Interventions
Ready to explore evidence-based integrative fitness and sensorimotor activities to address trunk control and bilateral coordination through play? In this jam-packed, 1.5-hour webinar, you learn about integrative fitness and sensorimotor activities to implement into your practice in the clinic, in the classroom, or at home setting that will help to improve whole-body movement, trunk control, midline development, coordination, motor planning, and more, all while using what motivates your client. Designed for occupational therapists and other pediatric professionals, this course is full of easy-to-implement activities, research-based treatment interventions, and education to promote your clients’ occupational performance in a plethora of environments.
This is an interactive workshop through participation and demonstration. Although not required, all or some of the following equipment is suggested to have available during the training. Modifications and adaptations can be easily made if this equipment is unavailable. We ask that all participants interact to the best of their ability and willingness to participate:
- Jump rope or another length of rope (4-6 feet long)
- Resistance or therapy band
- Football or similar size ball (partially deflated is okay)
- Stick/bat/broom handle, etc. (anything sticklike that promotes two-handed holding)
- List the benefits of using play and motivation to engage your client.
- Identify how to functionally address stability and coordination through play-based interventions.
- Select activities to utilize coiling core to address trunk stability.
- Describe the benefits of using ropes to engage in bilateral coordination interventions.
- State how to use sticks, bats, and clubs in bilateral coordination interventions.
- Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, COTAs, and other pediatric professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- View Agenda
- Course Instructor: Matt Sloan, COTA/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-890431