Sensory AND Behavior: A Comprehensive Approach to Addressing Challenging Behaviors
One of the most common questions Occupational Therapists are asked is, “Is it sensory or behavior?” In this fast-paced course, the presenter guides you through the neurochemicals involved in sensory modulation; the correlation between related disorders such as Bipolar, anxiety, ADHD, and Autism; and introduces you to a whole-brain approach to addressing difficult behaviors (such as self-injurious behaviors, aggression, meltdowns, toilet training, picky eating, and masturbation) from a sensory perspective. This innovative, 6-hour, webinar leaves you with handy forms, intervention tools, and the knowledge you need to differentiate behavioral issues from sensory challenges.
- Developing and Implementing Effective Sensory Diets, a 6-hour course by Gwen Wild
- Effective Sensory Diets, a 2-hour course by Gwen Wild
- Professionals who have reached a comfort level with sensory processing disorders and the use of sensory strategies in multiple settings are welcome to participate as well.
- Identify the roles of neurochemicals in sensory processing and related diagnoses.
- Utilize a method of behavior analysis to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Apply a whole-brain approach to develop an intervention plan for the management of difficult behaviors.
- Differentiate current cognitive and behavioral approaches and understand how to integrate these with a sensory frame of reference.
- Identify the role of visual sensory diet tools to support children and teens in their daily environments.
- List best practice strategies for collaboration with other professionals to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address the most challenging behaviors.
- Target Audience: Intermediate to Advanced-level occupational therapists, pediatric professionals and teachers who have completed the prerequisites and/or have a solid foundational knowledge of sensory modulation disorder.
- Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-000000