Using Telehealth as a Tool for Intervention in Pediatrics
** Purchase this webinar and receive a coupon code for 10% off on select products from TelehealthShare.
AOTA recognizes telehealth as an alternative method of service delivery that allows clients to receive services, even when separated physically by distance from the therapist, in places where clients live, work, and play. In addition, accreditation standards require that educational institutions ensure that graduates demonstrate an understanding of the use of technology, including telehealth technology, to support client performance, participation, and health and well-being. This 2-hour webinar reviews the definition of telehealth, discusses the existing evidence regarding the use of telehealth in occupational therapy and illustrates potential opportunities for this approach with pediatric clients. This course is also included with the Teletherapy Webinar Package.
- Define telehealth as it applies to occupational therapy.
- Describe at least two benefits and two barriers to the application of telehealth services within the present health care delivery system.
- Identify ethical considerations important with the use of telehealth.
- Describe at least three ways in which occupational therapy services can be delivered using telehealth technology in the pediatric setting.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs
- Course Instructor: Melanie Criss, OTD, OTR/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-591242