The Art of Fine Motor Assessment
(Formerly titled The Art of Informal Assessment)
** Purchase this webinar and receive a coupon code for 20% off one SCHOODLES School Fine Motor Assessment Membership. Membership includes online access to the Schoodles assessment referred to in this webinar. View the product description on the SCHOODLES website.
For school-based occupational therapists, connecting assessment results, educational needs, and intervention can be a challenge. Using SCHOODLES School Fine Motor Assessment, we focus on systematically conducting a comprehensive, qualitative, criterion-based assessment of fine motor skills. In this 2-hour webinar, participants learn to clearly identify, analyze, and describe fine motor deficits related to school performance. We explore underlying deficits that contribute to poor school performance often overlooked by school-based occupational therapists.
- Define the term educational need as it refers to school-based occupational therapy.
- Recognize the importance of including a thorough, systematic observation in addition to or as an alternative to standardized tests in occupational therapy evaluations.
- List at least four supporting skills needed to produce functional fine motor outcomes in the classroom.
- List at least three observations that can be made during modified manual muscle testing.
- Identify the steps needed to connect classroom performance, assessment results, and educationally relevant goals.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Therapy Process: Intervention.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.