Trauma-Informed Care for Pediatric OTs and Other Professionals
Why do we need trauma-informed care for pediatric clients? Statistically, children are increasingly experiencing or witnessing traumatic and stressful events. The latest evidence-based research shows that developing brains are significantly impacted by this trauma, which affects behaviors, emotional regulation, learning, and social interactions to name a few. Although trauma is a buzzword used today, in this 90-minute course you learn both why trauma-informed care in our practice settings is vital and how you can integrate trauma-informed strategies into your practice. This course is also included in the Trauma-Informed Care Webinar Package.
- Define trauma and list three different types of trauma.
- Define trauma-informed care.
- Recognize how trauma affects brain function and development and impacts behavior, learning, and health throughout the lifespan.
- Identify three models of intervention for trauma treatment.
- List two ways to practice trauma-informed care in your work setting.
- List five positive ways to work with a child of trauma.
- List five resources that provide evidence-based research for trauma-informed care intervention and information.
- Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- Course Instructor: Angela Isbell, MS, OTR/L
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-699960