Troubleshooting Pediatric Teletherapy: A Case Study Format to Address Common Challenges
Telehealth is becoming an increasingly used service delivery model in pediatric therapy. For a myriad of reasons, however, it does present some unique challenges when servicing this population. This 2-hour course presents case studies offering clinicians an opportunity to strategize intervention and problem solve real clinical scenarios applicable across various settings: EI, outpatient rehab, and school-related teletherapy services. This course is also included with the Teletherapy Webinar Package.
- Identify four important decision-making guidelines before considering telehealth services for pediatric clients.
- Define synchronous and asynchronous telehealth service delivery and how each can be used with the pediatric population.
- Explain three benefits of a parent-coaching delivery model when providing pediatric occupational, physical, or speech therapy services through telehealth.
- Describe three solutions to commonly encountered challenges when using telehealth with the pediatric population.
- Target Audience: intermediate level OTs, SLPs, and other pediatric professionals providing telehealth services
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- View Agenda
- Course Instructor: Aditi Mehra, DHS, OTR/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-710433