Using iPad Apps to Engage Emergent Communicators
This 1-hour webinar provides an overview of various iPad apps that can be used to facilitate social engagement in early learners. Attendees learn implementation strategies to enhance a child’s ability to follow basic directions, respond to questions, and have successful conversations. Screen time guidelines are also discussed so that parents and professionals learn to facilitate language across a variety of apps. The discussion highlights the latest apps on the market and provides helpful resources to find new apps to download.
- Identify at least three communication strategies that promote connection and engagement during app play.
- Recognize appropriate guidelines for screen time usage and prime children for learning tasks on an iPad or tablet.
- Adapt the same app for a variety of communicative purposes and for varying skill levels.
- Assess the quality of an app and determine usability for communication development.
- Target Audience: introductory-level OTs, SLPs, early intervention professionals, teachers, and parents
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
- Course Instructor: Rachel Madel, MA, CCC-SLP
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-672085
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)