The Whole Pie Framework™ for Pediatric Feeding
Pediatric feeding is a very complex specialty as it involves diverse areas of practice and requires high levels of caregiver training. As a practitioner, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and wonder where to start or go next. This 2-hour webinar presents the Whole Pie Framework™ for pediatric feeding, which describes the 8 major areas impacting success with eating. After completing this webinar you will know where to start with each new feeding client and gain strategies to increase daily caloric intake while decreasing stress during meals. This course is also available in an early childhood webinar package.
- Determine which children are appropriate candidates for feeding therapy.
- Recognize how values and beliefs impact a child’s success in therapy.
- Identify key questions to answer before starting feeding therapy and which piece of the pie to address first.
- Pinpoint how to structure meals and snacks to support successful eating.
- Pinpoint appropriate expectations for adults and children during meals to support a fun and relaxed eating environment.
Target Audience: introductory- through advanced-level occupational and speech-language pathologists along with early interventionists, psychologists, teachers, parents, and anyone helping children to improve their eating abilities
Course Instructor: Becky Miksic, OTR/L, T-NLP, T-TET, CHt
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.