Part 4: Breakthrough Parenting Series—Moving Toward Independence
As parents, our ultimate goal is to raise happy, healthy, and independent adults. It is often a struggle to balance being assertive about your child’s needs and working within systems that can feel overwhelming and complicated. Not only do we as parents need to learn to speak up, but we need to teach our children to advocate for themselves, as well. Through insight, humor, and compassion, our final installment in the parenting series helps you:
- Learn to assess your child’s current educational setting: what leads to a successful education.
- Discover how to advocate for your child academically, socially, and physically.
- Gain tools to teach your child self-advocacy.
- Establish life-long habits for health and wellness.
- Secure resources for support/advice/legal support, etc.
- Target Audience: parents
- PLEASE NOTE: Teachers and other professionals are welcome to attend; however, there are no AOTA-approved continuing education credits for this series.
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd