Coaching Tweens and Teens with EF Challenges
Many teens with EF challenges are academically capable but struggle profoundly because of difficulties with organization, task completion, and time management. This unique and powerful 2-hour course helps professionals learn strategies for student-led coaching success. Also included are activities, checklists, and tracking forms to get you started.
- Compare and contrast a coaching model to a more directive-based intervention model.
- Identify students who will most benefit from a coaching approach.
- Utilize self-assessment activities to help students improve metacognition and self-awareness.
- Develop student-directed goals and design ways for students to self-assess success.
- Identify ways to incorporate EF strategies into academic content to improve mastery.
- Recognize steps for teaching self-advocacy.
Target Audience: intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, teachers, and other professionals working with tweens and teens
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under these Classification Code: OT Process: Intervention.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.