A Collaboration Sensation! Strategies in service delivery
Collaboration is essential to providing therapy services in school systems. Research indicates that students succeed when support is provided to the individual, team, and systems in place. Although pull-out sessions can be effective, pushing into the classroom and collaboration is the new norm. This course reviews research, strategies, and case studies that support increased collaboration in school systems.
- Recognize differences between collaboration and direct service.
- Differentiate hands-on services, team supports, and system supports.
- List examples of push-in strategies for the classroom.
- Identify approaches for improving push-in barriers.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level school-based OTs
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The Listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Kim Wiggins receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEUs or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Therapy Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-650646. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
View Course Agenda
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.