Ayres Sensory Integration®: Assessment and intervention
LIVE, interactive webinar, Friday, November 30, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
Your purchase includes a link to the recording 1–2 days following the live presentation.
You may use this time zone calculator to check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Registration ends November 30, 10:00 AM EST
The recorded, view-on-demand version will be available by December 2: Ayres Sensory Integration: VOD version
This 2-hour course takes you back to the roots of our current knowledge about sensory integration. You learn to select assessment tools based on the intervention setting and developmental level of a child. Based on assessment results, you are empowered to create an intervention plan using the five basic assumptions of sensory integration intervention and the foundational principles for intervention. Finally, you learn to differentiate Ayers Sensory Integration (ASI) from other forms of sensory-based intervention. Case studies solidify your understanding of how the process looks from start to finish.
- Identify the five assumptions of sensory integration theory.
- Recognize an adaptive response to intervention.
- Differentiate ASI intervention from strategies used in other forms of sensory-based approaches.
- Delineate three types of sensory processing disorder.
- Describe the principles of intervention based on ASI theory.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs and COTAs
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider of live, online webinars for Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-683216. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.