Dramatic Interventions: Using drama, improv, and puppetry to engage and support students with social-emotional challenges
LIVE, interactive webinar, Thursday, June 14, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
Your purchase includes a link to the recording 1-2 days following the live presentation.
You may use this time zone calculator to check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Registration ends June 14, 11:00 AM EDT
With the ever-increasing number of children being diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, ODD, and other social-emotional challenges, parents, teachers, and therapists continue to search for engaging, research-based intervention strategies. This fast-paced, highly captivating webinar assists attendees in exploring the use of theater platforms as a means of teaching self-regulation, perspective-sharing, and pragmatic language development. This course includes resources for therapists to immediately begin using this exciting and ground-breaking intervention strategy!
- Describe the benefits of using improvisation, theater, and puppetry with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, ODD and a range of social-emotional challenges.
- Identify students most likely to benefit from these interventions.
- Explain supporting research for the use of drama interventions with children with social-emotional challenges.
- Identify resources to assist in implementing activities with children and teens.
Target Audience: intermediate- to advanced-level OTs, SLPs, teachers, and others
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. With over 35 years of experience with students experiencing sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges, Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www,breakthroughlearningsolutions.com.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.15 AOTA CEU/1.5 contact hours under these Classification Codes: Category 1, Domain of OT: Performance Skills; Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
This course is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for live, online webinars for the Alabama and Florida Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-623056. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
View Course Agenda
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.