Dysgraphia: Tips and tricks for intervention
LIVE, interactive webinar, Wednesday, December 5, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST
Your purchase includes a link to the recording 1–2 days following the live presentation.
You may use this time zone calculator to check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Registration is limited to 50 participants and ends December 5, 10:00 AM EDT
If you’re interested in this webinar but unable to attend, you may purchase the recorded version,
which will be updated after the live webinar ends: Dysgraphia: Tips and tricks for intervention: VOD version
Dysgraphia, often referred to as Disorder of Written Expression, is perhaps one of the most misunderstood learning disorders seen in school-aged children. Far more than sloppy handwriting, dysgraphia encompasses motor, processing, attention, and cognitive weaknesses. This 1.5-hour webinar is both highly informative and immediately practical.
- Define Dysgraphia as it relates to school-aged students.
- Distinguish between the three primary forms of dysgraphia and construct appropriate intervention strategies for each.
- Integrate the role of technology into the process of written expression while exploring some of the most widely used apps and websites.
- Critique student samples in order to apply newly-acquired knowledge.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, parents, and teachers
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. With over 35 years of experience with students experiencing sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges, Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www,breakthroughlearningsolutions.com.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.15 AOTA CEU/ 1.5 contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
This course is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area).
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider of live, online webinars for Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-617096. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
View Course Agenda
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.