iPads Apps for Handwriting Skills and Compensation Techniques
Live, interactive webinar, Tuesday, December 4, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST
Your purchase includes a link to the recording 1–2 days following the live presentation.
You may use this time zone calculator to check your local time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Registration is limited to 50 participants and ends December 4, 7:00 PM EST
If you’re interested in this webinar but unable to attend, you may purchase the recorded version,
which will be updated after the live webinar ends: iPad Apps for Handwriting: VOD version
This 90-minute webinar provides participants with many resources. Handwriting skills on the iPad are reviewed, including apps to teach handwriting and how to use the iPad as a modification for students with handwriting difficulties. It is recommended that you have your iPad handy, so that you can practice during the webinar.
- List three apps to develop and practice letter formation for handwriting skills.
- Identify iPad apps that can scan worksheets so that students can type on them as a compensation technique for illegible handwriting.
- List apps that can compensate for handwriting illegible math problems.
- Describe word prediction strategies using iPad features or iPad apps that can help students improve written expression skills.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, teachers, and parents
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Kim Wiggins receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.15 AOTA CEU or 1.5 contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider of live, online webinars for Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593596. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.