Creating a Sensory-Friendly Classroom
The implementation of a sensory approach in a classroom can seem like a daunting task: How will the teacher have time for it? How do you get kids to use sensory strategies if they don’t want to stand out from their peers? How can you implement a sensory approach on a small budget? These are just a few of the many questions that arise. This 1-hour webinar strives to provide the answers you need.
- Identify factors that prevent a classroom from being sensory friendly.
- List three strategies for classroom design.
- Recognize at least two resources to assist in teaching sensory modulation.
- Select two sensory strategies to facilitate learning.
- State one option for creating a sensory space on a limited budget.
Target Audience: school-based occupational therapists, teachers, and other school professionals
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.