Apps to Support Weak Executive Functioning in Children and Teens
Children and teens with poor Executive Functions often benefit from technology to help with time orientation, organization of thoughts and materials, and for tracking progress in multiple areas of life. This 1-hour webinar looks at Lori’s top 20 picks of the most widely used apps to support children with weak internal systems of time, space, and emotional regulation. This course is also available in an executive functioning webinar package.
- Identify three major areas of daily living affected by weak executive skills.
- Analyze how apps can be used to support or supplant other forms of supports (when and how to best introduce the use of technology supports).
- Demonstrate knowledge of apps appropriate for a variety of EF challenges.
- Build a “go-to” collection of technological supports for children and teens to help with time orientation, self-regulation of emotions, and for the organization of materials and data.
- Identify how to help an individual identify the supports that will most likely move them towards increased independence.
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, SLPs, and other professionals and parents working with children and teens with Executive Functioning challenges
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or 1 contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email email@example.com.