Part 2: Breakthrough Parenting Series—The Social-Emotional Side: Understanding Impulsivity, Self-Control, and Self-Regulation
The ability to control one’s emotions and actions is paramount for success in school, relationships, and life in general. However, many of our children seem to live in an “act first, think later” mode that leads to challenges with friends, teachers, and even parents. This course will get to the heart of what impulsivity is, as well as provide immediate, simple strategies for teaching “think first” behavior. In the second course of this parenting series, we:
- Discuss what causes impulsivity and distractibility and how to begin managing it.
- Discover self-control from the inside out, and how and where to begin teaching self-regulation.
- Learn the basics of behavior: 3 easy steps to establishing a strengths-based behavior program for your child.
- Discuss key points for fostering positive self-esteem and increasing a sense of competence in new or tough settings.
Target Audience: parents
PLEASE NOTE: Teachers and other professionals are welcome to attend; however, there are no AOTA-approved continuing education credits for this series.
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.