Visualization and Guided Meditation as a Tool for Emotional Regulation
With an ever-increasing pace in our classrooms and homes, record numbers of children are being diagnosed with anxiety and stress conditions at increasingly young ages. Medication has become a buzzword in the past few years, but what is it REALLY, and how does it benefit children? By tapping into current research in psychology, medicine, and neurology, this highly practical, 90-minute webinar examines the physiological effects of visualization and guided meditation on the nervous system and as a tool for relaxation.
- Define visualization, meditation, and guided meditation.
- Examine the physiological reactions to stress as well as to relaxation tools.
- Describe a variety of simple breathing and slow movement techniques that can be used immediately in your practice.
- Discuss a range of resources, stories, and activities to immediately begin teaching children to promote emotional regulation.
- Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, COTAs, mental health professionals, and other professionals working with children with anxiety or emotional regulation disorders
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- CE Broker course code: 20-602496