An Introduction to the BrainWorks Approach for Effective Sensory Diets
This introductory webinar provides new and potential BrainWorks users with the information they need to begin using BrainWorks successfully in home and classroom environments. Gwen goes over basic theory related to sensory modulation disorders and share relevant research with you to ensure that you are using an evidenced-based approach to meet the needs of the kids you work with. Next, Gwen demonstrates the use of the BrainWorks tools so you can get started using them right away.
- Identify the three primary types of modulation disorders.
- Compare and contrast the three types (red/yellow/green arrow) of activities used in BrainWorks.
- Differentiate the three sections of the BrainWorks tachometer.
- Identify the primary purpose of each of the types of BrainWorks visual tools (file folder, keyring, First-Then).
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, SLPs, PTs, parents, and other professionals working with children with sensory processing disorders
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-562575. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.