Chromebooks in Special Education
Google Chromebooks can be an excellent assistive technology tool for students with special needs. Students who have delays in physical, cognitive, or language development may require extra support from a variety of features or programs. This course reviews a variety of strategies that can be used as a compensation technique when a student has difficulty functioning in a classroom setting.
- Identify speech-to-text Chromebook extensions that can be used for students with special needs.
- List Chromebook extensions that can benefit organizational skills for students with special needs.
- Explain how to access Chromebook accessibility features.
- Explain the benefits of using a Chromebook as a compensation technique.
- List a variety of typing programs and strategies that can be used on Google Chromebooks.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, OTAs, and teachers
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The Listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for view-on-demand webinars for the Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-628461. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.