Chromebooks in Special Education
Google Chromebooks can be an excellent assistive technology tool for students with special needs. Students who have delays in physical, cognitive, or language development may require extra support from a variety of features or programs. This course reviews a variety of strategies that can be used as a compensation technique when a student has difficulty functioning in a classroom setting.
- Identify speech-to-text Chromebook extensions that can be used for students with special needs.
- List Chromebook extensions that can benefit organizational skills for students with special needs.
- Explain how to access Chromebook accessibility features.
- Explain the benefits of using a Chromebook as a compensation technique.
- List a variety of typing programs and strategies that can be used on Google Chromebooks.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, OTAs, and teachers
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
<> Information on refunds and returns
<> Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
<> Questions? Email email@example.com.