Creating a Sensory-Friendly Classroom
The implementation of a sensory approach in a classroom can seem like a daunting task: How will the teacher have time for it? How do you get kids to use sensory strategies if they don’t want to stand out from their peers? How can you implement a sensory approach on a small budget? These are just a few of the many questions that arise. This 1-hour webinar strives to provide the answers you need.
- Identify factors that prevent a classroom from being sensory friendly.
- List three strategies for classroom design.
- Recognize at least two resources to assist in teaching sensory modulation.
- Select two sensory strategies to facilitate learning.
- State one option for creating a sensory space on a limited budget.
Target Audience: school-based occupational therapists, teachers, and other school professionals
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-564385. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.