Dysgraphia: Foundations for assessment
Dysgraphia is a neurological condition that interferes with one’s ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in writing. Far more than “sloppy handwriting,” dysgraphia effects not only motor skills, but the cognitive ability to organize and synthesize ideas. The wide-ranging prevalence rate of 5 to 33% of school-aged children indicates that this is often an area of great confusion, both in assessment and intervention. This powerful 1-hour course provides an overview of the origins and diagnosis processes for children and teens experiencing disorders of written expression.
- Define dysgraphia.
- Explain the basic neurology behind disorders of written expressions.
- Identify a variety of assessment tools and target instruments most appropriate for various students.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, teachers, and other professionals
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. With over 35 years of experience with students experiencing sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges, Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.breakthroughlearningsolutions.com.
- Financial: Lori Benson Adams receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions and Learning Lotus.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Evaluation.
This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area).
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-661104. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide all license information with your post-test.
View Course Agenda
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.