Writing IEP Goals
Goal writing can be time consuming and difficult to complete for therapists. This webinar teaches you a step-by-step process to write functional goals for students in the school setting. The presenter also provides many resources.
- Define five components to writing goals.
- Write measurable and attainable goals using the SMART format.
- Read a goal and determine whether it is specific, measurable, and attainable.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs and OTAs
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The Listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 1, Domain of OT: Performance Skills.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-590874. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.