iPad Apps in Occupational Therapy: Apps for organization, behavior, sensory, fine motor, and visual perception!
This 90-minute course reviews, explains, and demonstrates apps to enhance your therapy sessions and can be used as practice in the classroom or at home. Many are FREE! The apps discussed are related to organizational skills for students and therapists, behaviors and rewards, sensory, fine motor, and visual perception. This webinar is chock full of resources! It is recommended that you have your iPad handy so that you can practice during the webinar.
- List sensory apps for students to self-regulate sensory needs at home or in the classroom.
- List a variety of apps for students to practice visual perception skills at home or in the classroom.
- Recommend strategies for students to practice fine motor skills on the iPad at home or in the classroom.
- List a variety of apps that track and/or manage behavior in the classroom or at home.
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level occupational therapists
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Kim Wiggins receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.15 AOTA CEU or 1.5 contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593572. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.