Low Budget Sensory Rooms and DIY Sensory Equipment
This prerecorded and informative 1- hour webinar empowers you to create budget-friendly sensory equipment and use what you already have in creative ways! Information provided is applicable to both home and school environments. The course manual, which will be available to download and print, contains DIY instructions and links for weighted blankets, compression vests, deep-pressure strategies, tactile bins, and more!
- Collaborate with other professionals to share low-budget and DIY sensory ideas.
- Identify everyday items that can be used in place of more expensive sensory equipment.
- Obtain instructions to create a variety of sensory equipment.
- Prioritize sensory equipment that must be purchased to maximize your budget.
Target Audience: beginning- to intermediate-level OTs, PTs, SLPs, teachers and other professionals and parents with a solid understanding of sensory processing disorder
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This webinar is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or 1 contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-590474. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.